Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

sometimes my tries, are outside the lines...*

(And I'm good with that! Just sayin'...)

I've been a bad, bad blogger girl. In reality, I've just been crazy buried under edits. FYI, that's no complaint, folks. If you could see me, my finger would have pointed to the sky during that sentence...well, after that sentence. I can't type one handed.

God has been ooooohhh-so-good to me over the last month and it just keeps getting better! I've been able to share moments with some awesome people. It's insanely overwhelming. And incredibly humbling. And crazy fun. And...And...And. It really is something when you begin to understand God's ways and timing. I marvel in His mercies and graces DAILY, but to reach a point and to know that He's saying, "See! I told you!", is...well, perfect.

I'd also like to touch on something, being that I've "gone all God" on ya. A little birdie mentioned being careful about mixing business with God and too much personality. Upon a little minor research, I was reading much of the same from hot shot pros....

But that's my name you see on the photos, y'all. I may not be some hot shot business owner, making millions, but I AM ME and I'm just tryin' to keep it real. My work is about me doing what I love, for people I love, in the name of art, in the name of love and in the name of God. If my passion can build into a business, it will be because of God! He does 95% of the work. I push a button on a camera. He provides the gift, the scenery and most important, the precious babies and full-of-life kids and perfect families and love and joy and passion. Period. So, keeping God out of my business just ain't gonna happen! And my personality? Well, not including "so much" of that would be like being a mom that never has to change a diaper or scream in a pillow or prop a bottle because she's been holding off going potty for three hours. Impossible, folks.

I do not say any of this to offend. I do not expect everyone I encounter to hold my beliefs. But I will never sacrifice staying true to myself and my Savior at the sake of making a buck. NicoleLee Photography is built under God, for God and by God. And for pete's sakes, if I left out all of my quirks and the "rock my socks" and "folks" and "totally tubular dudes", I may as well knock out the first part of NLP!

On to the photos, folks. They're beautes.

BIG.LOVE.

*Natasha Bedingfield, Unwritten

1 comment:

  1. I think this post touched me more than the post just below, about E. My Ethel...

    ReplyDelete